Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Unusual and Unexpected Request

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This morning I put a couple of curls in Madelyn's hair, mostly so I could say I did something to the French braid that mostly made it through the night. Callie saw the curling iron, which is rarely out and asked if I would put curls in her hair too.  Now there are a two things you must understand about Callie.  This child screams when I do her hair. She hates when I comb it and tolerates when I pull the sides up, but rarely allows even a ponytail.   So a request that I put curls in her hair made me smile.  Then I asked if I could take her pictures after her hair was done and she AGREED!  Second thing you must know about Callie is that she loathes pictures. She throws fits anytime a staged pictures is requested.  She never did get her two year old pictures taken.  At 3 we managed a significant enough bribe and weeks of mental preparation to acquire a nice picture.  The pictures that follow are the "norm" for staged pictures.
Grandkid picture, Christmas 2012
 Fine...I'll sit, but I'm not happy about it.
Okay...I'm really just mad about this whole picture thing.  Dec. 2012
 So for whatever reason, she wanted to dress up for MOPS, curl her hair, and agreed to pictures.  Crazy.  So here are a few or her poses. :)
 My "sweet" pose
 
If I could roll my eyes, I would pose
 I will admit for the sake of capturing a rare moment, I allowed  my child to be outside in 10degree weather without a hat, mittens or coat.  No regrets :)




Last picture of the day. Worth it.
 The unpredictable nature of children can be challenging, but today it brought me joy to capture  Callie's silly moments and share her smile that is often illusive to a camera.


No comments: