Monday, March 31, 2008

Baby Update

I had the pleasure of taking the day off on Thursday to go to our 28 wk appointment. I envisioned a warm, sunny day to work a bit in my flower gardens getting ready for the tulips that are already poking their heads up. In this imagined day, I was looking forward to adding to the color my arms and legs had just started to acquire in Biloxi. Instead, this was the day I had to enjoy...all day.

Is it spring yet?

The dr. appointment went well. We had another ultrasound (I am measuring 3 wks small), and baby is exactly the size it should be for my due date and is healthy. I can't complain about this pregnancy as I haven't been sick and I still feel really good, aside from the occasional ballooning of my ankles. Despite how good I feel, I am getting more anxious to see and hold this baby...not that we have anything ready.



Biloxi pictures coming soon...

6 comments:

The Beckering clan said...

You look adorable! And the picture of the babies profile is amazing:) I measured small with Kylie as well toward the end and they kept doing ultrasounds to make sure she was okay, but all was well. How is the name game going?

Jason DB said...

Thanks :) I think we have a first name, but continue to work on the middle name. We'll keep this a secret until baby is born. :)
I'm glad we have 12 weeks to figure it all out.
Your sister is due soon isn't she?
-KDB

Dan said...

Looking so cute Karen! It's getting closer! Keep sending updates. I love to see and read them.
Hope the school year is finishing up well. Not too much longer. Enjoy those last few weeks with students, even if you are teaching with your feet up.

Dan said...

Karen, that wasn't Dan commenting. . . of course it was me, Rachelle.

Jason DB said...

Rachelle- I figured so. I always show up as Jason when I leave messages. I am enjoying teaching yet and know that the final weeks will fly by. We are also counting down the number of weekends we can still catch some extra sleep. If the school year goes quickly, that means those extra days of sleep will too. Hmmm.

Asher Fanner said...

Mrs. De Bruin,
I am getting so excited!! I can't believe that you only have twelve weeks to go! That seems crazy, maybe not for you, but for me it does! People keep asking me at school whether you are returning yet. . .for some reason they think that I should know? :o] Anyway, I just wanted to check in. . .I'm still praying for you!!
Ashli