Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gardening


I haven't had a chance to blog for awhile, so I guess I'm making up for it with 4 in one day!

Happy Easter!


Jason really wanted to go biking today in preparation for his 100 mile Iron Man bike ride in Minnesota two weeks from now. Instead he made the wise choice to help out with the garden by tilling it and putting a fence up. I was very frustrated last year when the rabbits ate most of the plants that came up. Jason dares any rabbit to try to get into the garden this year! We also planted our potatoes and a few peas. I love the renewed feeling I get when the soil is freshly prepared and seeds go into the ground. Madelyn even got in on the action.
I love this picture! Jason showing Madelyn how to plant potatoes.

She decided she would rather eat the potato.
A little dirt doesn't hurt anything, right?!

Very intently studying the potato


"What is this thing, mom?"



2 comments:

- said...

I've always said that eating dirt makes a kid healthy. :)

Anonymous said...

We found another advantage for a fence. We could decide when/if our son could go into the garden. It seemed to be a magnet for him. Hope it keeps your rabbits out too.

Happy Easter to you!

-Sharla VR