Friday, November 20, 2009

Maddy's Minute

I (Maddy) decided to share with you how I spend my days at home now that Mom is not taking me away for volleyball and to friends' houses.

1-When Mom gets me out of bed we rock in my chair so I can watch the birds at our neighbor's feeder. We see cardinals, blue jays, sparrows, a variety of woodpeckers and other birds. I love to watch and point at the birds.
2- After breakfast I try to avoid my toys as long as possible and "help" Mom with whatever she is up to.
(I already found the gripper mat from under the rug. Cool.)
Sweeping is fun. I even got to try two different tools.3- Today was a special day because she let me play with markers. I made Daddy a masterpiece. Hope he likes it.

4. I spend the rest of the morning wandering and exploring the house...still trying to avoid the toys bins. My favorite spot is to stand on the chairs at the table because there are all kinds of different things to see up high.

5. After lunch I enjoy my 2-3 hour nap. I must have worked hard. By the time I wake up Daddy is almost home. I wait by the door to run and give him a hug when I hear the garage door open.

6. At supper, I never let Mom and Dad forget to pray because I sit with my hands folded as soon as I see the table is set and food is on. Although sometimes they pray too long, so I just yell "Amen" to tell them to finish up because I'm hungry.

7. After supper, I like to keep helping Mom and Dad doing whatever they are doing. I still haven't touched my toys today, so I consider it a productive day. Who has time to play with all this work to do :) Here are some of the things I do on a typical night with Mom and Dad.

I wanted to help Dad with dishes, so I brought my own chair.

More sweeping

Mom tried to read me a story. I like my version better. (Upside down and backwards is always the way to go for stories!)
Daddy let me read to him (although he may have fallen asleep)


Mom let me help make my first pan of pumpkin torte for Daddy to take to work.



(Picture is of toy area as of 7:30 pm. Successful avoidance!
Mom didn't even have to pick up toys today!)

What a great day!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Very cute! Sounds like you stay very entertained, Maddy! I'm impressed that you're so helpful around the house.