As moms in particular we are trained to hear things we can not see. We are also trained investigators as we determine what caused these sounds. Silence is equally as dangerous as loud noises. On this particular afternoon, I had to run downstairs for something. As I was going downstairs, I heard this dragging, clunking sound, followed by a giggle. When I arrived upstairs it was very quiet. Not good signs.
I looked first in the kitchen and noted the wooden rocking chair had been positioned for establishing an optimal reach on the counter. I also noted the
absence of my child and a mess. The investigation continued.

Ah-ha. Mystery solved. She wanted her snack at her table like we had done yesterday (except the table was in the kitchen). I guess she decided to help herself...to the whole box.

She seemed quite proud of her accomplishment, while she frantically shoved Teddy Grahams into her mouth as if she knew they would soon disappear back into the box.

(And to think I was only downstairs for a minute!)
1 comment:
Sneaky and very smart little girl! very cute :)
Post a Comment