Before we get to our day trip to the zoo, I need to explain these next two pictures. Little Miss Callie believes that she can do everything that Madelyn can do. She has observed Maddy ride her big girl bike and decided that she was going to take a whirl. The scary part is that she is tall enough to reach the pedals and handle bars. We might need two bikes next summer!
 |
| To ride a bike, one must first have a helmet. |
 |
| Ready and set to go! |
 |
| Madelyn decided she wanted her picture taken with her favorite bears. |
The zoo. I am hoping to get more pictures soon from our zoo adventure, but for now these will need to suffice. Last week the girls and I met friends from Ames (who now live in Indiana) in Decatur, Il. This is about the halfway point for both of us. We haven't seen the Haan family for a couple of years, so it was fun to catch up and renew that friendship. Decatur has a nice little zoo along Lake Decatur. In addition to the variety of animals, there was a fabulous playground all the kids enjoyed too. Unfortunately it was 103 degrees on this particular day in September, so it was a bit toasty.
The concept of riding the train was very exciting to Maddy, but the actual ride was too bumpy for her liking.
 |
| Slightly terrified. |
Sharing a chocolate shake is a special treat the girls and I enjoy. After being in the heat all day, I suggested to Maddy that we stop for a shake. She was exhausted but had stayed awake long enough to make it to McDonalds, order, pay and get the shake. Callie had already passed out so I only had to split it two ways instead of three. I pulled into a parking space to pour some into her cup. I must have taken too long because her head was starting to bob. I shook her leg and tried to wake her, but she woke up only long enough to let me hand her the shake and bring it to her mouth. Poor kid didn't even take a sip.
It was a great day! We've had a fun summer. Maybe Jason will be able to join us for some fun this fall.
1 comment:
And we remember just how hot it was that day as we were in the same territory viewing Lincolin's memorabilia in New Salem and Springfield - good to know the girls had a great time!
Ice cream helped us along as well!
Post a Comment