Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Apple Orchard

A couple weeks ago, the girls and I joined friends to pick apples at an orchard about 90 minutes from here.  It was a cool fall day to pick, but the trees were laden with beautiful apples. It was a very picturesque setting with rows of blooming mums, piles of pumpkins, and the smell of harvest in the air from the surrounding farms.  We may have to make a fall tradition of picking apples.

Each girl got to fill their own bag with apples. Maddy repeated as she picked each apple "Lift. Twist. Pluck."
Callie got into it more than I thought and was very excited to pick every apple she could reach.


We let the kids take a break to enjoy their apples. Callie won't eat fruit, so was eyeing this apple suspiciously.

"See you later guys. I've got apples to pick."

No comments: