Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween

I have mixed feelings about Halloween each year and how to allow our family to participate.  I have fond memories of dressing up and getting candy, but remember my elementary years spending our time focusing on the Reformation instead of Halloween. 
Halloween is a big deal in Macomb.  In fact, kids are allowed to trick or treat two nights and several churches held "trunk or treats" (I'll explain this later) on additional days.  As a kid, I remember being reminded that we only got one piece of candy at each house.  Here, kids are encouraged to take handfuls!   We literally have gallon bags of candy!!! And we only went to 5 houses and the "trunk or treats."

Maddy as Cinderella



Callie as our lady bug-aka "Baby  Bug"
  Our MOPS group participated in the Trunk or Treat at our host church, Wesley United Methodist Church.  Basically, vehicles are decorated and the trunks are loaded with candy.  Kids go from car to car, instead of house to house.  It is very efficient way to score LOADS of candy!  It is intended as a safe way to trick or treat so kids are not in the streets when it is dark.

The MOPS kids at the church

My girls and their best buddy, Harper

Callie was enthralled with the puppet at one of the cars.


No comments: