Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jason's Birthday

To celebrate Jason's birthday at the end of October, Jason and I went to Chicago for the weekend.  Jason's mom stayed with the girls at our house while we enjoyed our time eating delicious food and a Bears game.  The girls had a fabulous time with Grandma, but didn't feel Daddy really had an adequate party without them.  A fall favorite of ours is pumpkin torte, so we added a few candles, sang happy birthday and called it a party. Just the way Jason's likes to celebrate.


Sweet kisses for Daddy

Helping Daddy blow out the candles that would not extinguish. 
 And more miscellaneous...
Since Madelyn has to wear her glasses all the time, Callie decided for a few days these would be her glasses. She insisted on wearing them everywhere like Maddy, including the grocery store and meals.
This is no laughing matter mom, I need my glasses.
 I was digging through the girls drawers thinking that I was going to have to get the girls socks for Christmas because we seemed to be short on socks. Turns out I simply needed to fold my laundry.  Madelyn is a great helper and matched all of these socks.   I think the problem lies in the pile of socks below that are all missing their match. I may be glad the style is mismatched socks, because that might be what they end up wearing. :)
 Callie has really enjoyed baking with us and on this particular day she was very proud of her discovery of this apron and chef hat.
 And the advantage of having a tall mom is that there is plenty of room for everyone.

2 comments:

Farm Grandma said...

Great look Callie!

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's been too long! Loved seeing these pictures! Forrest has glasses too. Hope y'all are well.

Emily