Monday, November 12, 2012

Misc. and Pumpkins

We have had some wonderfully warm days this fall.  On one of those particularly warm days the girls decided it was time to do nail polish.  Callie was hesitant the first time, but now is quite eager to put on polish.  Of course we can't do just one color.  Orange is decidedly Callie's favorite and Madelyn teeters between the pink and purple.
Mom. I am ready.  Toes and fingers all ready now.
 Madelyn has done fabulous with her glasses!  She is eager to put them on in the morning and has been motivated in wearing them as many have commented how cute she looks.  I am convinced though that she likes wearing them because the world is that much clearer and she notices when she isn't wearing them.  The most obvious difference is her interest in puzzles.  She received this puzzle for her birthday and had tried it a couple of times but gave up easily.  I thought it was an attention and focus issue, but it turns out the poor girl couldn't see the details well enough to put the puzzle together. No wonder she was frustrated.  Since getting her glasses, she works this puzzle like a pro and declares "This is my favorite puzzle ever! I just can't get enough!" 
 Madelyn had been reminded me daily that I promised they could carve their pumpkins.  Since my floors needed to be scrubbed anyway, it seemed fitting to do them inside.   Madelyn had recently carved one at school and instructed us how to carve pumpkins.  Callie was apprehensive about pulling out the pumpkin goo, but Madelyn dug right in.

Callie: Ewww. I not do that! Gross.
Maddy:  I love this! 


After drawing on the design, with some adjustments, they were carved.
Both girls were very proud of their jack-o lanterns.
 Trick or Treat is a two night event in Macomb.  Our girls went to a few of the neighbors' houses, but the reality is I don't want that much candy in our house.  They had fun and we endured the process of prompting thank-yous, reminding to take one and not complain if there is something else in the bowl that is preferred...and we don't just walk into houses that aren't ours.

No comments: