Friday, February 15, 2013

February Fun

I am finally able to load pictures again! 
One of these days I will finish the narrative for the Christmas pictures I loaded, then I will post the before/after remodeling pictures. I am still working on getting the decorating done, but this is not my strong point, nor are there a lot of options in Macomb to find reasonably priced, quality items.
Earlier this month I was at a Chocolate Dinner/Fundraiser with a silent auction.  I had no intention of bidding on anything, until I saw two tea sets.  I immediately thought of the girls and how much they enjoy the tea parties they have with Farm Grandma.  I won the tea sets and planned on giving them to the girls as a Valentine's gift.    I told the girls to sit on the carpet "criss cross applesauce" to wait for their fragile gift.  Callie decided criss cross applesauce meant put your sister's head in a lock and criss cross her up until she pleads for help. Maddy really was trying to obey, but next Callie decided the best way to follow the instruction was to sit on top of her sister.   (Although they are 20 months apart, their size is separated by only about 2 pounds in weight and 2-3 inches of height)

Smile pretty -like woodchucks?- with your pretty tea sets...
 I had not looked at the bottom of the tea sets before giving them to the girls. I was very disappointed to discover Madelyn's set clearly says on each piece "Not for use with food. May poison food."  I guess hers will be a special play set instead.

We had the pleasure of being joined by Grace for our very first tea party.  At some point maybe we'll have a tea party with more girls, but with fragile tea sets, one friend was enough.  Madelyn and Grace go to school together.  The got all "prettied up" and had to use their manners.  They took pretend names-Queen of Sheba (M), Princess LaLaLoopsy (C), and Cinderella (G) and enjoyed being served their tea and treats.   I find it amusing how much tea my girls both drink, especially since I am not a tea drinker.


1 comment:

Farm Grandma said...

SO much fun