Monday, March 25, 2013

How To Spend a Snowday

Spring in Macomb has been slow coming this year.  It seems to alternate from day to day between rain and snow, and sometime both in the same day.  Temperatures have been colder than normal too.


 Yesterday, Sunday, it snowed all day.  Jason calls it heart attack snow due to how wet and heavy it is and deemed it unnecessary to shovel.  Today school was called off, so I didn't have to work, and Jason couldn't get to work this morning thanks to unplowed roads.
Our view this morning. I love the beauty of the flocking on the vegetation.
 So, with no school and no work, we had some time to fill.   Here's how we decided to spend, what we hope is our final snow day of the season.
1.  Stay in our PJ's late into the morning and tell jokes by the fire.
 2.  Eat crepes filled with fresh fruity goodness. (So distracted by the treat, I forgot to take a picture)
3.  Play princesses and puppy until mom tells us we can explore the winter wonderland
4.  Decide to build a snow fort.  Madelyn manages the project while Callie is the worker bee.  Both are delighted with their roles.
"Callie, I need more snow over here.  Help me pat it down!" 

"Okay Nan, I coming!"
 5.  Take a break from building to throw a few snowballs.  I may have nailed Maddy in the head.  To which she instinctively started to cry, then laughed saying "That was a great shot for you mom! Nice job.  But not so great for me. "
 6.  Building a snow fort is hard work, so the project manager takes a break, while the worker bee kept working. Typical CEO ;)
 7.  We warmed up  by rushing off to work to work the noon shift, and no one came, so the girls and I played in the gym at the YMCA. 
8. I've been meaning to get Callie's hair trimmed as swimming is starting to make it look nasty
Maddy and I convinced Callie that getting her first hair cut would be exciting, especially if she didn't throw a fit because M &M's and Skittles would be waiting for her.

She even got her hair washed as I realized too late she had a glob of syrup sticking a chunk of hair together. Oops. I was a bit embarrased.
Big girl, getting her first real hair cut!  She was mostly stoic, but thought the blow dryer was funny.
 
9.  Rest and Relax. The girls watched TV and I took a nap.  It's a snow day after all!
10.  Go back outside and finish our fort, complete with tunnel entrance. 

A girl's gotta have some fun after hauling all that snow!

Proud of her tunnel
 11.  Work up an appetite again and eat loads of spaghetti.  Jason taught the girls a new trick.

 
12.  We finished off the night by opening up our devotional Easter Eggs.  Tonight we reflected on the 6 eggs we've opened and the events they remind us of.  The breaking of the bread at the last supper, Judas' betrayal, the thorn of crowns, sticks that beat Jesus and the purple robe, fit for a King. We were reminded that Christ suffered for us and was hung on a cross to die. 
 
13.  After  a treat of chocolate pudding, the girls were worn out and put to bed early.
14. With some extra quiet time on this snow day, I've decided to spend it with you blogging.
I hope you've had a great day.  I know we did.

1 comment:

Farm Grandma Gloria said...

Wow, that looked like a very fun "Snow Day"! Here at Osky we didn't get as much snow, but at least we did have a 2 hour delay to enjoy!