Sunday, August 18, 2013

Maddy Turned five...in June...

 
It has been a while since I've posted. Frankly, I keep waiting for the summer to slow down so that I have time to play with my pictures and get my fun projects done.  Instead we start school on Wednesday and have to buckle down into a schedule again.  Somehow my house is still not as picked up as I would like and there is always laundry to fold and put away.  I've given up on my floor and someday...maybe...the island will stay free of clutter for more than 24 hours.  'I will take a moment or two while everyone else sleeps to attempt a few updates as we've also had a fun filled summer.
Madelyn celebrated her 5th birthday in June.  She requested water balloons and ice cream cake this year.  We celebrated on the farm in Oskaloosa again with all of the Iowa cousins from both the Netz and DeBruin sides.  Madelyn loved spending time with her cousins.
Trying a few balloons out before the race...to make sure they were wet enough.

Madelyn Toby and Callie
Erica, Bethany Jaren, Joshua
Nicholas.

We played BINGO with specially made boards that included all the princesses and action figures she could remember.  Of course we couldn't just have princesses because then the boys might not want to play. She also made sure to have camo plates in addition to princess, because boys wouldn't want to eat off pink plates! She really could plan her own party without my help! :)

An exciting game of BINGO. Bethany declared it "intense!"

Excited about her lunchbox for school.

Cake! 



No comments: