While Madelyn continued her week long birthday celebration with grandparents and cousins, Jason and I headed to DeKalb, Illinois to ride his first MS bike ride with his diagnosis. He rode, and I supported with mixed emotions. I was proud of him for riding, and riding with the jersey "I ride with M.S," yet wearing the jersey was another reminder that life had changed and we face a new reality. One in which is uncertain and unpredictable. We both looked for these jerseys during the weekend for riders who were fighting, like he is to remain positive and continue living an active, healthy life. He rode hoping to connect with other riders who had M.S. and were doing well long after their diagnosis in order to give him hope of many years of riding.
 |
| Jason's co-worker and friend Nick rode the 150+25 extra miles with Jason . And yes. they are sporting some sytlin' stockings. Where's Waldo? |
 |
| Thousands of bikers took off on a gloomy, cool, Saturday morning to ride 30, 50, 75 or 100 miles loops. Jason, of course, did the century. |
 |
| Looking good after completing the first 100 miles. |
 |
Day 2. Finishing a total of 175 miles in 2 days.
1 month after being diagnosis with M.S. |
 |
| Proud of my man on a beautiful afternoon |
No comments:
Post a Comment