August was a fun month for our family. I haven't had time to post the fun pictures of our time in Michigan with my family that occurred at the beginning of the month. After 10 days in Michigan we were home for a couple of days before our next adventure. We (the girls and I) met Grandma DeBruin at Fun City for a waterpark adventure and then she came to our house and put us to work :) Hopefully I'll get pictures of the fun posted, but I was proud of how helpful Madelyn really was in the process. We have definitely reached a new stage where the girls can contribute to some of the work load.
Grandma came bearing a bushel of apples from her tree, which we were thrilled to turn into applesauce. Madelyn did almost all of the cranking while Grandma cut the apples and I managed the stove and supervised Madelyn.
 |
| She really did smile like this for the nearly 2 hours she stuck with her job. |
 |
| Callie helped for about 15 minutes and was telling me "NO picture!" |
 |
| Maddy and Grandma enjoying time together making sauce. |
 |
| Callie was a little too helpful and tried to lift a freshly filled quart jar off the island. It was a little too heavy and a little too warm for her and well...the picture explains the outcome. |
 |
| 23 quarts complete -1 :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment