Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Pucon- Day 4

We won't lie...we were all kind of sick of the car and Jason was definitely sick of driving after hours on bumpy gravel roads, so Wednesday was a day to hang out in Pucon.  We slept in late, wandered the town, hit the grocery store,  ate a big lunch (since we had neglected to feed ourselves yesterday), and attempted the beach. 
 
I thought I ordered a chicken sandwich. It was tasty.
Callie may have had some chocolate ice cream!  Some of it got in her mouth.
 
 
 Although I didn't take these pictures, it is very representative of our time on this beach in Pucon.  The sun was intense, the black volcanic sand(more rocky than sand) was hot and hard on feet, the water cold, and it was packed!  (I really am not complaining, just part of the experience).  I didn't bring my camera as we had been warned of keeping our stuff close in these settings.   Umbellas on top of umbrellas made it hard to get to the water, and did I mention it was cold.  Callie doesn't really care about water temperature though or rocky lake bottoms, so she thoroughly enjoyed her time diving under the waves and swimming out as far as she was allowed.    The rest of us tried to relax in the heat of the sun and the noise of beach dwellers and food peddlers.
 We lasted an hour or two here before we headed back. I took the girls back to harbor beach (the one where they investigated in their clothes- Day 1), which was not busy and allowed the girls to swim and Madelyn to continue in to gather piles of volcanic rock.  Of course, they made a little friend there too.

We dinned late into the evening again. Madelyn didn't eat much either throughout the week, but was delighted to finally have an ensalada de fruta.   It is fruit season here, so the peaches, pears, strawberries, and watermelon (to name a few) are fantastic!  Gotta love summer fruit salad.  Callie had her usual...papas fritas.  The salt they use on the french fries is coarser, making for excellent flavor.

Callie loving Dad!  Or should I say "Papa" (as she says with an excellent Chillean accent)

No comments: