Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Graduation arrived

Graduation at ISU took place on May 4 - funny how it is close to June 4 that I finally get around to posting this. In my defense I have been quite busy trying to get all the soybean plots planted. If you are not from Iowa I will just say it has been one WET and DELAYED spring. Back to graduation. Started at 8:00 and finished up around 10:00 - way too long. After the president and the dean make their statements they begin to call names of PhD candidates. There were 50+ PhD eared at ISU this semester. As they call your name you walk across the stage and your major professor places the hood over your head. Fun experience but alittle awkward. In the picture it looks like I am getting mugged by the hood.

Following PhD's there are the Master's students. I never walked for my Master's and I am glad that I didn't. They basically run (pushed) across the stage as fast as their name can be read. For a $40 graduation outfit I don't think they got their moneys worth.
A few pictures to share - this is one with my major professor Palle and a good friend Adriana who is also a PhD candidate (she will graduate in August)
The De Bruin family (from left to right) Kurtis, Tim, Lonita, Dad, Mom, Doc, and Karen
The Netz family (left to right) Andy, Dawn, Karen, Doc, Mom and Dad in-law

Graduation was a great milestone. I am ready to be done with the classes and the take of "still in school".
I will have to take some advice from a mentor who said "school may be over but you are never done learning". Good advice for all!












3 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations, Jason! What an awesome achievement. We are glad the last little bit went well for you.

Odland Manor said...

All I can say is YOU DA MAN!!! Congratulations.

Uncle Wade O.

The Hutton Family said...

Congratulations, Karen! You made it through all your husband's schooling. I am so happy for you! What a great accomplishment!

By the way, congratulations to you too, Jason!!! You made it! Now, that you are working and making money, y'all can plan a trip to Florida.

Emily