Well, I have been reminded that it has been several weeks since I have added anything to the blog and even longer since Jason has contributed. I would contribute under my own name, but the reality is I can't remember my login or my password. Jason was smart enough to write his down. :)
Jason just returned from RAGBRAI and had some highlights and some, well, not so highlighted moments. He rode Sunday-Tuesday and the weather was great. A little warm, but reasonable for a late July day in Iowa. There are always enough crazy people on the ride to provide entertainment (like old men with leopard print thongs on slip and slides). Unfortunately, when you break a wheel riding over a railroad track, local bike shops take you for all your worth. Thanks goodness for ATM machines, especially when returning to the same bike shop and ATM miles later with a flat tire, thank you glass! But 250 miles and a couple of butt blisters later, Jason has returned to the comfort of his own bed, boxers instead of bikers, and no more free beer. He will have to wait yet another year to race Lance Armstrong up the hills of IA.
I spent my days without Jason helping run a volleyball camp in Pella, visiting with Angela (from Canada), Michelle, (from Denver), Lisa (from IA), and my sister. Tomorrow my day is filled with freezing corn, v-ball coaches meetings, and laundry. Now it is time to pack and prepare for our trip to California. The anticipated highlights include the beach, San Diego zoo, visiting family/friends, and hiking in Sequoia, Kings Canyon, and Yosemite National Parks. Until then...Adios
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment