After a hard climb I found a seat on the edge of a 5000 foot drop off. Don't tell Karen!

This is a very famous rocky ledge. It is called the diving board for obvious reasons. I don't suggest diving off without a parachute though as there is 5000 feet of free fall before you find the ground. Brian and I are standing on the edge. We looked for Karen and Amy in the valley but were not able to find them. While we are hiking the Dome, the girls were off exploring other, more moderate trails and the great waterfalls of Yosemite.
Half Dome was great not only for the challenge and the beauty but it was also a great place to get cell phone reception. In the valley there was no reception and here it was full tower. Nothing like calling people and checking messages on the top of Half Dome.
Down the cables again. I really wish all those people would get out of my way so I could run down the cables! In all seriousness big steps with hands sliding along the cables is the most efficient way to ascend. WATCH OUT and GET out of my way.
This is the "wildlife" we saw. I place wildlife in quotes because we saw this bear in the parking lot of the grocery store in the Valley up in an apple tree. The Bear's name had been give the very ferocious name of pudding by the locals. Watch out - he looks angry -- he may throw an apple.
Final shot. If you go to Yosemite this is one of the great views you will be treated to as you drive into the Valley. Go out there and enjoy!
Well it has been fun to final complete the vacation story now that it is the middle of September. Regardless of the time I hope you found the pictures worth the wait.
It was good to get the August adventures out of the way. We have had plenty in September. A quick trip to the Canadian border and a trip to Florida and Missouri for Jason. More on all of that later.



No comments:
Post a Comment