Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Seattle in Fall


Fall in Seattle

Fall has always been a busy time for us. Jason's hours are long as he harvests his plots across the state. We are thankful that harvest is finished for him, although disappointed that he lost may plots because of the crazy fall rain. Teaching and volleyball have consumed my schedule. In fact, I spent one to two nights a week with friends in Des Moines during the volleyball season. The sucessful season ended last week and will culminate in a volleyball banquet on Thursday.

With a day to catch my breathe after volleyball ended, I had just enough time to write sub plans and take Jason out for his "not quite 30" birthday on Friday night. Saturday I took off for Seattle for a biblical integration conference at Cascade Christian School near Seattle with two co-workers from school.

We had a wonderful time exploring the Space Needle, Pike's Street Market, and the bay area. The weather was beautiful and allowed us great views of Mt. Rainer and the fall colors. Oh yeah...the conference was good too. :) I am thankful to be back home and finished with flying for awhile.


No comments: