Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baby Shower- 8 wks to go

My sister, Dawn, and my sister-in-law and long time friend, Lisa, threw a baby shower for me on Saturday. I really appreciated their work to make it a fun event and they know me very well as it was a Spring Garden theme.

It was great to see friends that I hadn't seen in a while and to catch up on their lives. The biggest surprise of the day was a gift my mom had left for the shower. It brought tears to my eyes as I opened up a hand croched (I'm not sure how to spell this)... blanket made by my Grandma Verbrugge. Grandma passed away 5 years ago this coming July. I had no idea that she had given my mom this blanket to give to future great grandchildren. What a blessing to receive this gift.
Many of these ladies enjoyed a day to fellowship and freedom from their own children, something I'm sure I will come to appreciate soon. Thanks for spending the day with me!
Stacy and I are due just a day apart. I think I'm carrying high and straight out. 32 weeks down...8 to go.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You look great Karen! Looks like it was an awesome shower. Wow, 8 weeks!!! Counting down!