Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Think Spring


Black female form Tiger Swallortail feeding on my purple cone flowers.

I was looking through my collection of pictures and came across a few pictures I took of butterflies that frequent my flowers in the summer. It made me hungry for spring/summer to come so I can once again enjoy the grace and beauty of a butterfly floating in the breeze. With the 70 degree temperatures of today, I'm reminded the wait shouldn't be so long.

The painted ladies came in droves in the spring and fall.

The Giant Swallowtail is one of the larger butterflies and a welcome visitor.
The red spotted purple was a rare find, but it liked my abused bean leaves.

2 comments:

Asher Fanner said...

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful:o]

Jason DB said...

YOu know how much I enjoy my butterflies. Even if I look like a crazy woman running around my backyard trying to catch a good shot.