Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cutting Edge Fashion

It was a beautiful fall day in Iowa on Saturday. We were down at Dawn and Andy's place for Jackson's birthday party and we got there early to spend time with all the family...Karen's folks were in town as well. Andy decided to till up a space for his garden and he had his mower out so being a little bored and always liking to drive things I decided I would mow his yard. It was a little too warm with the sweater on so I took it off and put it behind my back on the seat. Things were going great and I had the back yard done and was going to call it a day and I was backing up to make my last pass next to the shed and the sweater slipped out from behind me and I did not notice and pulled forward to finish mowing when I ---and everyone in the house -- heard this big klunk! I picked up my sweater and put it on and sheepishly walked into the house with everyone getting a laugh out of the deal. My mother-in-law called it cutting edge fashion--yeah - I rolled my eyes as well.

The worst part about the incident was that Karen told me I was going to have to go shopping! Still young and dumb, I wonder if that will change tomorrow...

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

That is quite hilarious! Very good to see you guys!

Travis said...

A new sweater for your birthday! Hope you had a good one.