Monday, January 5, 2009

Interesting Gadget...

So...what is the object below? Any guesses?
I'll give you a clue: It is used in the kitchen.


Still not sure?
Another hint: It is a pamper chef item I picked up at a party at Rachelle's home several years ago. (Come on now, some of you former Ames people should remember this...)


Okay...Here's a picture of it in use. Any guesses?
It is called a pie gate. Sounds a bit ridiculous (and it is), but I have actually found it to be quite useful. I bought it because I was $5 short of getting the additional bonus gift at a Pampered Chef party and this pie gate happened to cost $5. Oddly enough I find it very useful when serving chicken pot pie or serving warm apple pie (or any other fruity pie). Jason still laughs at me every time I pull it out, but now the goody in the chicken pot pie doesn't run out!

Check out this gate in action!
Now when we eat the left overs, the stuff in the middle is still between the crust, instead of piled in the previously occupied space. Kind of a handy contraption.
Yummy!

1 comment:

Dan said...

I knew exactly what it was! :) Glad it has come in handy. I should get one!

Rachelle