Sunday, January 17, 2010

Accomplishment

When we found out we were expecting another child, Madelyn was just over a year old. I must admit I was a bit overwhelmed with the thought of having two babies at home. I'm thankful that she has done a lot of learning in the last 9 months. Two of the major things I hoped Madelyn would learn before baby arrived were 1)feeding herself and 2) sleeping in her big girl bed. (We'll save potty training for this summer!)
Accomplishment #1: Madelyn loves to use silverware to eat. Now, the task of eating is not always done neatly, but she gets most things to her mouth successfully. As you can see spaghetti is not one of the neatest meals...but more fun with both a fork and spoon.
Accomplishment #2((tentative): I'm excited to say that Madelyn took her first nap in her big girl bed today! Hopefully in the next month we can transition her totally to her bed. We'll see if we are successful throughout the week at taking naps and once she gets comfortable with nap time, we'll try a night time.

No comments: