The Ver Meer Thanksgiving at Grandma's house ('05)
Monday, August 30, 2010
In Loving Memory
This past Thursday, August 26 my sister, Dawn, and Jason's sister, Lonita, celebrated their birthdays. We would have also celebrated Grandma Ver Meer's 100th birthday. She passed away this past October, but I wanted to take this time to remember her on her birthday (although this post is a little late). Grandma was more than ready to meet her Lord and Savior and often commented in wonder why God was keeping her here on earth when she'd rather be praising him in Heaven. I remember talking to her about the possibility of reaching her 100th birthday. At 97 and 98 she wasn't sure she wanted to make it to her 100th birthday, but once she hit 99, she decided she might as well stick around for her 100th. Ironically God chose to take her a few months after her 99th birthday. Although my memories of Grandma Ver Meer are much fewer than the rest of the family's, I am still thankful I had the opportunity to be blessed by Grandma.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


+036.jpg)

+038.jpg)
2 comments:
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I did think of Grandma yesterday when we took Joshua to the zoo and he screamed in excitement every time he saw the train - must be something in the genes. :-)
How deeply appreciated that you took the time to post this precious memory blog of Grandma Ver Meer! Sharing pictures is such a wonderful way to remind us of all the joys in the Lord that Grandma brought to our lives.
Post a Comment