Friday, July 29, 2011

Michigan Trip-Part 1

The girls and I headed to Michigan while Jason worked crazy hours during July.  We saw a lot of family and made many more memories.  Maddy woke up at 4:30 yesterday morning. After lying next to me for a while, she rolled over and said "Mommy, let's go back to Grandma and Grandpa's now.  I bring my computer. You get Callie. Let's go now."

The pool was too cold for Maddy. She preferred to sit in the warm water tub. Callie loves the water, warm or cold.

Maddy and Allory had a lot of fun together during our visit

My mom with my neice, Molly
We had a chance to go up to Falmouth, MI to visit my Grandma De Kam.  I am thankful my kids had the opportunity to get to know my grandma.  I even had time to play cards with Grandma, which was a favorite activity to do with Grandma as kids.


Maddy reading books with great-Grandma De Kam

Callie giving Grandma Netz hugs
  As a kid, I would get up early with Grandpa and help him milk and run feed for the dairy cows.  I love(d) being on the farm.  We went back to the family farm, now farmed by my Uncle Dave and Aunt Esther and their boys.  We celebrated Eli's birthday then Collin showed us around the farm.  First stop was the pet rabbit.  Next, Collin chased the chickens and caught this one for Maddy to pet.  She still talks about how it takes dirt baths. :)


Maddy helping push silage to the cows. 

Grandma De Kam with the girls and I


No comments: