During our time in Michigan, we also spent an afternoon in Holland. We went to the same beach and stopped at the same ice cream shop that I remember going to as a kid. When we went, it was a sunny, but cooler day. The water temperature was 56, so I had no intention of going in the water. Callie, on the other hand, took off at a mad dash for the water the instant she spotted the giant lake. Madelyn was soon to follow. Good thing that Grandpa doesn't mind a bit of numbness in his legs. I was surprised by how much time both girls spent running in and out of the water. I didn't take my camera to the beach, so I'll try to snag some from my family. Of course the following day, the water temperature was 73!
Between activities, the girls enjoyed playing at my parent's house. The piano was a favorite.
 |
| Callie must want to play the organ as she finds it necessary to play with her hands and feet. Grandma De Bruin would approve of that. :) |
 |
| Books with Grandpa before bed |
While in Michigan we were able to celebrate my niece, Allory's, 3rd birthday. Maddy loves parties!
 |
| My brother Brian, his wife, Amy, and their girls Molly, and Allory. We are excited for their 3rd to be born sometime Jan/Feb this coming year. |
We attempted to get a picture with all 4 girls, but Maddy was feeling particularly tired and had her own agenda. Allory and Maddy are 5 weeks apart in age and Callie and Molly are 2 1/2 months apart. They all had a lot of fun together.
 |
| Enjoying a new toy together |
 |
| And a favorite from the farm that I forgot to include in the last post. |
No comments:
Post a Comment