Thursday, August 18, 2011

Holland Beach

I mentioned in a previous post that we had a chance to visit Holland and enjoy the beach while in Michigan this July. The water was a frigid 56 degrees, but Callie ran in without hesitation and needed to be coaxed out to prevent hypothermia. 
 Maddy preferred dipping her toes, but trying to keep warm by sitting in the warm sand.
 I was thankful my Dad was willing to brave the cold water with Callie. Then my water time was limited and it was his legs that went numb, not mine! :)   As soon as Callie would hit the shore, Maddy would turn around and run back in toward Grandpa.
 Strangely, Callie found pleasure in face planting in the sand.  Maybe her nose was cold?
 After the beach, we enjoyed ice cream and warmer clothes.
 I love the beach!
Too bad the next day's water temperature was nearly 20 degrees warmer!

No comments: