Thursday, February 23, 2012

Life After Costa Rica

I've been dedicating these posts to our trip to Costa Rica, but I finally took time to look at the pictures we've taken of the girls' activities since the beginning of the year. I had forgotten I had taken so many photos of their daily antics. We've also celebrated Callie's birthday with a couple of parties in February. She is a delight most of the time, but continues to throw quite the tantrums and has turned " I do it (myself)!" into her new favorite phrase, followed closely with "MINE!!!!!" Trying to get her to hold my hand in a parking lot is a challenge as she is determined to "I do it!" herself. 
Snuggles with Dad and the bear. 
The girls have had a lot of Daddy time since I've been officiating in the evenings and they need to take advantage of Jason's less crazy winter work schedule. The girls love having the time with Jason.
OH yeah. and Callie has concluded that it is the prerogative of a 2 year old to not need to wear pants.
  A couple of weeks before Callie's actual birthday she celebrated with two of her cousins who also share February birthdays.  The kids had a lot of fun together.

Callie giving Bethany a hug

Sitting by Grandpa and Grandma De Bruin for devotions
 
Callie and one of her presents
 
The Birthday Girls!  Erica, Callie, and Bethany.
(Callie had just stuffed her mouth full of candy hearts, making it hard to smile)
  We spotted a pair of bald eagles on our way home from church the day after the party.  One stuck around for a photo shoot.
 We are truly blessed to have two little girls who are healthy and love each other. They are lost without each other and generally enjoy the time they spend together, even though we referee our fair share of arguments.  Most of which revolve around the word "Mine."  Apparently the one who yells "mine" the loudest and pushes the hardest, wins.

No comments: