Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Michigan Trip

The girls and I went to Michigan when the Macomb schools had spring break a couple of weeks ago.  I thought I should take advantage of the beautiful traveling weather to see my parents, who had tried to come twice in February and were stopped by poor weather and unpredictable circumstances.  Unfortunately my parents had to work most days, but we certainly were not bored.  The pictures did not load chronologically, but still share the highlights of our trip.
On the Friday we were there, mom, the girls and I went up to Falmouth to visit my Grandma De Kam.  Maddy was very excited to see Great Grandma, although she became very concerned that Great Grandma didn't have a great-Grandpa with her.  We showed her some pictures of Great Grandpa and explained that he went to Heaven before she was born.  She was a bit miffed that God didn't keep him around longer.  I agreed :)  I enjoyed watching Maddy interact with Grandma.

Maddy was trying to convince Great-Grandma to give her a ride. 

The girls "chasing" Great-Grandma to the mailbox. I  also enjoyed teaching Maddy about the sap buckets in the background.  She was excited to learn where Maple Syrup comes from because she "LOVES maple syrup."


4 Generations
  
Her shirt says it all :)
  On the Sunday we traveled back home, we were able to worship with my brother and his family and celebrate my nephew's baptism.  We were excited to meet Jacob on this trip and celebrate with the family their promise to raise little Jacob to know the Lord.

Molly, Callie, Maddy, and Allory-cousins

Preparation for Baptism

Special picture of my Dad, my brother-Brian, and his son Jacob


Family Picture: Brian, Amy, Allory, Molly and Jacob

On one of our first days there, we spent time with my brother's family. Maddy was very excited to hold Jacob, who was 8 weeks old.

Mid-week  the girls and I took an adventure to Meier Gardens to see the butterfly exhibit.  I thoroughly enjoyed the butterflies.  Maddy wanted the "map" out to identify each butterfly we saw and Callie was somewhat entertained.  Before entering the exhibit, there were monarch caterpillars feasting on the vegetation. 


Maddy's favorite was the blue morpho, which seemed to enjoy the cool air by the waterfall. 
  We needed to escape the exhibit as it was getting much too hot, so the girls and I enjoyed the outdoor exhibits as well.  The weather was fabulous!


She really did like the beaver!
 
 On Saturday (a.k.a Pancake Day), the girls were thrilled to have both Grandma AND Grandpa around.   It was warm enough the girls "helped" Dad wash the car then, thanks to Grandma, turned the sled into a swimming pool.  Fun was had by all.

No comments: