Tuesday, November 5, 2013

More Summer Fun..

 
I've realized that I'm not going to get to all the fun we had in Michigan this August, so I will move on for now. But, not far.  After being home for a couple of days, the girls and I repacked and met Grandma DeBruin, aka Farm Grandma, at Fun City.  We filled every waking moment with fun memories as we packed in the indoor and outdoor water park, arcade games, go-carts, and bowling in a 24 hour period of time.
Although the day was overcast and cool, the girls and Grandma braved the outdoor water fun for the afternoon.  I tried to stay warm and dry. :)
Getting ready for the Lazy River

Ta Da!!! The Slides.  Neither of the girls had ever been on a water slide. They were able to go down the blue slide all afternoon and loved it.  Callie and Grandma shared a love for the slides.
 Go-carts were another highlight for the girls.  They both took a ride first with either Grandma or mom as we sped around the track.  Callie has the advantage of being so tall,  so she gets to do things earlier than a typical 3 year old would get to do.  She and Maddy both were able to drive their own vehicle.


 After Go-carts and more arcade games, we decided we needed some ice cream to keep us going.  At this point Callie was beyond tired with a late night, and no nap so we could fit in the fun.  Ice  cream gave her enough sugar boost to make it through bowling.


 The bowling alley at Fun City is definitely one of the nicest bowling alleys I have ever bowled. We managed to bowl for an hour.  Although the girls rarely watched long enough to see the pins go down, they enjoyed rolling the ball (very slowly) with a variety of unique techniques. 


 

Nearing the end of our frames, Callie was running out of steam. She so badly wanted to keep going, but her body was just too tired to stand any longer.

Frame 8: I'll just push it down


Frame 9: Must suck my thumb, cuz I tired

Frame 10: Yup...still rolling. When's naptime?
We had a wonderful time with Grandma at Fun City.  She was able to continue on to our house and spend a couple days with us, one of which was spent making applesauce, as noted in an earlier post.  Good memories.

No comments: