As I did a load of laundry today, I was reminded of a phrase my mother always said "Haste makes waste." More often than not that phrase rings true for me. Truth in this statement was evident recently as I inadvertently made hot chocolate.
A student gave me a piece of chocolate at a basketball game one Friday night which I stuck in my pocket to save the for ride home. The next day when I did laundry I quickly threw in a load of darks and washed them on cold. So far so good. I needed to wear this particular pair a jeans later in the day, so I put them in the drier for just a few minutes to give them a head start. As I pulled them out they, and the rest of the load (and my dryer), was dotted with chocolate spots thanks to the piece of chocolate I had not eaten on the way home. I've learned my lesson...again...that I need to take the time to check my pockets before washing jeans. After rewashing the entire load, most articles were saved from permanent memories of the hot chocolate. At least I was also able to rescue the dollar bill I had left in my other pocket. :)
-KDB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment