We woke up Friday morning to a dusting of snow on the ground. Winter is really coming. It is amazing to me how temperatures can go from the 70's and only a week later have snow and 20's. It made our drive to Iowa City quite wintry, and reminded us of our snowy drive to Michigan last Thanksgiving.
I was struck this week by how literal children take comments and suggestions. Jaren was holding Madelyn for the first time and she started getting squirmy and attempted to chew on his shirt. Since this is a normal phenomenon I joked that she was trying to eat him (I often say she's eating her blankets because she does attempt to shove as much of the blanket as possible into her mouth at once). Jaren became quite distressed by this comment and promptly announced that he was done and someone, anyone should come take her away. As I grabbed her, Jaren emphatically shook his finger at her and said "I am NOT Food!"
No comments:
Post a Comment