Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Harvest

Every fall we have a bonfire at the De Bruin family farm. In the past it celebrated Grandpa's birthday, as well as the other fall birthdays (Tim, Kurtis, Jason and Mark) and the completion of harvest. With Grandpa gone and harvest going so late this year, we celebrated Mark's birthday with a bonfire.

We arrived at the farm around noon so that Jason could help with the harvest and Maddy and I could spend more time with the Grandma and the other aunts and cousins. Madelyn was able to go on her first combine ride though. I'm not sure she loved it, but she didn't hate it. It made a nice place for a nap.

Harvesting at Grandpa and Grandma De Bruin
Madelyn and I rode with Jason for awhile.Madelyn relaxing in the combineJason hanging out with his favorite little ladies. Sweet kisses
Cousin Erica wanted to hold Madelyn. Although a year and half separates them in age, only 4 pounds separates them in size. I'm not sure either girl knows quite what to do with the other one. :)










No comments: