Today was our first day without any family or Jason around. We had a really good day. Certainly better than I anticipated. I actually had a shower before 9:00, did laundry and dishes, and got a nap, which I think is a productive day with two under two. :)
God answered so many prayers with Callie. She is as opposite a baby of Madelyn as I can imagine. I remember telling people Madelyn was a happy baby. My sister informed me after witnessing yet another screaming fest from Madelyn that she indeed was NOT a happy baby. I think I was in denial of how challenging Madelyn really was between her massive spitting up and terrible acid reflux. As my sister-in-law said "Madelyn was a new experience for all of us." Callie is the opposite. She is laid back, content, eats well from a bottle and me, takes a pacifier ( but rarely needs one, and hardly ever cries. She has slept most of the time, but has been happy and content when she is awake. What a difference in my stress level to have such a happy baby. Maddy continues to be her own person and we love her. She has done a great job with Callie and kisses her often.
Found her thumb
5 comments:
We're so glad to hear things are going well - and what sweet pictures!
SO glad you are doing so well! Praise God!!
What a great first day! It is such a blessing to have a content baby--and you can appreciate it even more after having a "challenging" baby:)
Thanks for sharing your wonderful report of how the family is doing - beautiful pictures as well!
Little Callie already over a week old!
Wow! I'd say that's way productive for 2 under 2! Way to go girl!
Post a Comment