
Like most kids her age, Madelyn has a case of selective hearing. Somehow she is able to completely tune out my voice until she hears something she wants to respond too. Words such as cookies, juice, outside, snack, etc. catch her attention. If she over hears anyone talking about parties, birthday's or the age of something, she is quick to shout out "I two and a half. I having a Tinkerbell cake for my birthday." She will continue to elaborate that her party must also include lots of presents, cake, ice cream, lots of people, and balloons. And don't forget that Tinkerbell cake because it is going to be the "best day EVER." So when Madelyn
discovered that Grandpa and Grandma
Netz were coming for a quick visit and it was Grandma's birthday, she insisted we needed to have a party.
1 comment:
Better start working on your plans for that Tinkerbell cake now! :-) I understand your pain on the selective hearing thing...we get a lot of "huh?" responses from Joshua these days (usually for things like "no cartoons" and "time to take a bath").
Post a Comment