Thursday, April 21, 2011

"More"

Madelyn has told me several times lately that Callie is not a baby any more.  Not only does her size excludes her from babyhood, but her mannerism are definitely all toddler!  She has learned to sign much earlier than Maddy, which I am glad as she seems to be on the path of talking late also.  Maddy takes joy in trying to get Callie to do new things...most of which are safe and helpful.  I enjoy when Maddy is trying to get her to say words such as Mama and Daddy, but I find it particularly interesting when she tries to teach Callie sign language.
 
I find it particularly interesting because Maddy did not really start talking until she was 2, so she signed or acted out A LOT until she was nearly 26 months. It is just a reminder to me how quickly they change and grow up. Maddy has grown into such a little girl and has exited the toddler stage of her life.
And now, Callie needs no prompting to sign "more",especially when chocolate and cookies are involved.

1 comment:

Computer Grandma said...

Looks like Madelyn is a natural born teacher (I was thinking it before I heard you say it on the video :)