Saturday, September 15, 2012

Harvest

Well, there were a lot of pictures I was hoping to post yet, but I lost about 9 months worth of pictures when my computer crashed a couple of weeks ago.  Very sad. So time to start over with current pictures.  Today the girls and I were able to join Jason as he harvested his research plots.  He has not spent very much time on a combine this year and has spent most of it collecting and processing samples.  It was a perfect fall day to enjoy harvest.


We're here and excited to combine with Daddy!

What do you mean there's no room for mom.
I'm not so sure about this big machine and no mommy.


All loaded and ready to roll.
 As soon as the door of the combine closed and Callie watched me walk away, she went hysterical.  She decided to hang out with me while Madelyn enjoyed having her own seat in the combine.  Callie enjoyed exploring the tall rows of corn instead.


Where's the combine?   "Over there! Daddy and Nanny"
 I did squeeze in for a while, so Callie did get to ride as well, but the camera did not come for that ride.  Madelyn made it clear that she missed having her own seat and that we were squishing her, but she was glad we joined them, but won't miss us when we got off.
We brought lunch and had our picnic in the corn field while the other guy ran the combine

A small corn pile = perfect seat

Exploring the field while Dad coordinates work stuff

A bigger corn pile. Fun stuff

Sisters


1 comment:

S+C said...

LOVE this post! I always miss being on the farm during harvest. So so sorry to hear you lost your photos, Karen! Glad you can move on and take new adorable pictures like these. Take care!