Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bored over Christmas

My title would have been "oops I did it again" but I decided against that being the headline for obvious reasons. I got the itch again for remodeling, even after our long-term basement remodel less than a year ago. Some say we should be institutionalized, but Karen and I had been discussing some more remodeling plans for the house and had settled on the upstairs bathroom as our next target. Basically, it is the last room in the house that had not gotten an extreme update. So we decided to start this past weekend. Let me walk you through its status quickly

This was the bathroom during its first face lift after we first moved in during 2004. I think this was taken the Saturday after we moved in (we closed on Friday!) Out went the grey plastic tile, the brown carpet, the pink walls, the large cupboards, the (1) 60 watt light bulb and in went a new counter top, white walls, new ceramic wall tile for the shower, a new row of 6-75watt light bulbs, and new shower fixtures. Giving us the bathroom you see in the picture below. Not that bad but I am developing the mentality that "it could be better" and if I got the time and interest why not?

This is the dismantling of the bathroom last Saturday (2007). We are keeping the counter top, sink, mirror, light, and tub and tiling, but every thing else is on the way out!

I took the picture below on Tuesday (Yep, today). I took the day off Monday and had today off so I made some progress. I ripped out the old flooring and put in some new underlayment and installed cement board. It is now ready for sheet rock, tile, and paint. We are having a cabinet built and it won't be ready till February so it looks like we are ahead of schedule.

Well, I will keep you updated on the progress over the next couple weeks. I will have to take the weekend off from work though as I will be joining the "De Bruin Boys" for a ski trip to Colorado. I hope I will be able to work when I get back!

Until next time

No comments: