This picture was taken at Keystone ski resort. We made it all the way to 12,200 ft elevation---I was carrying a hand held GPS. We got off the lifts and saw that there was one blue (although it said Most Difficult) down this part of the mountain and the rest were black diamonds. We made it down just fine and decided to do it again. We logged about 70 miles of skiing time over the two day period. The maximum speed clocked that day was the last day of the run. The GPS said 56 mph -- sorry mom:)
We had a great place to stay during our time at Keystone. We say thanks to Uncle Duane for allowing us to use his condo. We spent the evening playing cards (we learned Dad gets the worst hands and does not get picked at partner very often) and watching a couple movies from the Bourne series.
A final picture of Copper Mountain. We skied there the second day. Well, I should say that Kurtis and I skied there the second day. Everyone else decided that the club houses and restaurants at the base of the hill suited them just fine. This picture was one of the highest points at this resort (11,900 ft). At the top were the high-alpine black diamonds. Yes, I am on the ski lift headed to the top:) Sorry Mom!
Until next time,
No comments:
Post a Comment