Saturday, May 31, 2008

School's Out

Friday concluded my time with students at DMCS as a full-time teacher. Although the day was anti-climatic in that I had to give exams in the morning and grade in the afternoon, with fairly little quality student/teacher interaction. I did have a chance to take some pictures of my students...although I forgot to take one of my very last class (we were too busy washing walls and getting gum off desks).


This group of girls was my chapel small group that we met with about once a month. I really enjoyed this group and we had some great discussions. They helped me make cookies at Christmas and were the group that got to tell everyone else that I was pregnant. I will miss them.





The first picture above is of my 9th graders who I taught for the last three years. They knew me very well...and I them. It has been fun to watch them grow and mature. The second picture is of one of my 7th grade classes...with a lot of personality.





This is one of my Algebra 1 classes. It is a mix of 7-9th graders. As I shared in their promotion speech, they have never turned down an opportunity to build relationships...with anyone...as long as they could talk. Good students though!

I still have a lot of exams to grade, but no more lesson planning! Yeah.

2 comments:

Asher Fanner said...

So I guess when it's time to leave, it's time to leave...but than we stay around and talk to Carrie a bit more. Doesn't make much sense, but oh well! Hopefully I didn't bother you too much when I stopped in and chatted. It was good talk, and I love hearing about the baby! Hopefully tomorrow goes well with the final moving out! I'll call or e-mail you sometime soon to set up a date when I can stop by real quick! TTYL

Anonymous said...

Hey its lauren just wanted to say thanks for everything!!!!you are an awsome person!!!you love the Lord, your family, and your students who can be a pain sometimes!!!lol
Well i hope everything with baby goes well and we will miss you at school!!cant wait to see the little one!!(she is SOOOOOO CUTE!!)
well i guess i will let you get back to your husband and the baby
have fun being a mom...
love always,
Lauren Bailey