Smearing Food in Face is Fun
I was reading somewhere that I should start letting my 9 month old learn to feed herself. I'm not very good at letting her make a mess, but I know that it is good for her to learn this skill. She is getting much better at putting hard, dry things in her mouth like cheerios. Slimmy foods like bananas are funny to watch her try to pick up and she is not sure of the texture of them on her fingers. Today she discovered that if she gets enough slime on her fingers it makes a fun squishy sound.
She actually liked over cooked asparagus.
After this feeding experience and a 70 degree day (I forgot how sweaty she gets), it was time for a bath. She escaped to go play during the drying and re-dressing process.
2 comments:
squishy noises with bananas are waaaaaay fun...at least for the kids! :)
I read a good idea one time to help them pick up bananas, peaches, etc. If you crush cheerios and then roll the fruit in them, they're not so slimy so they don't squish through their fingers. It seemed to help the twins some. Unfortunately, it still makes a mess!:)
Jennifer
Post a Comment