Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Surprise!

Turning 30 isn't so bad when you have a lot of people to celebrate with. Jason did an awesome job planning a surprise party to celebrate my birthday last week. I was very impressed with how well people kept it a surprise because I saw many of the people who were invited multiple times in the time Jason was gone to Argentina. I was equally impressed that Jason could be gone for nearly the entire two weeks preceeding the party, get back Friday night, take care of Madelyn all day Saturday so I could play in a volleyball tournament and still pull off a great party Saturday night!
The beads were a big hit with the kids.
Andy with Jackson and Madelyn
Madelyn missed her late afternoon nap and had a bit too much partying.

Jackson was nice enough to share his finger



2 comments:

WAKonings said...

Happy Birthday, Karen! How does it feel to have joined us in geezer-hood? : )No...really we decided that 30 is the new 20, right?!

Karen said...

It's a good club to join :)