Sunday, July 5, 2009

5th of July



Since the 4th of July was cold and rainy, we decided to relax in the sun today. Madelyn is getting very good at observing adult behavior and trying to copy it. She will hold a cell phone up to her ear and listen or point the remote at the television.
While Madelyn splashes in her pool, I enjoy time sitting in the lounge chair next to her and read a magazine. I guess she thought that looked like more fun than her pool today and decided to copy this.


(Disclaimer-normally the child has a swimming suit on, but it was in the wash and she was lathered with sunscreen)
"Man, I hate when Mom skips out on the swim diaper, this thing must weigh 10 pounds!
I've gotta take a break in Mom's chair"

"I think she was laying something like this..."

"Oh yeah. She was reading a magazine too. Let me find that spot."
"This is the life! Mom has it figured out."
(Now if only someone would get me a dry diaper)
"I know I'm cute and I stole your spot!"

5 comments:

Grandma N. said...

Cute kid - crazy mom! Love your creative commentary!

Rachel said...

I love the last picture :). What a great post!

Travis said...

Love those sunning pictures! She's cute and she knows it.

Jonathan said...

So adorable! And wow that diaper is FULL!!! :) JB

The Beckering clan said...

That is certainly adorable! How is the house on the market going. . .?