Thursday, July 2, 2009

Random Pictures from the last week

Madelyn after her Sunday afternoon nap. I tried to get a more posed picture, but she's too mobile.
I can tell she is maturing. She will actually sit and look at books in "Maddy's corner." She loves corners (the beauty of backrests) and will come and sit on the blanket when I put it down.
She has been sick this week. I'm not sure what virus she has, but I'm sick of changing dirty diapers and the poor girl is sooooo tired. She actually fell asleep while eating. This never happens!!!! You would think I have more time to accomplish things because she sleeps longer, but when she is awake, she is clingy and whiny.
Today there were glimpses of her silly self returning. She is usually a very neat eater, gentle and deliberate about getting food in her mouth. (It takes her 45 minutes to eat supper! Pokey) We are teaching her to use a spoon and fork. We are finding forks work well for her because she is so gentle we don't worry about stabbing and food stays on better than a spoon.
She was being silly and used the fork to put a piece of macaroni and cheese on her forehead. She was very proud of her accomplishment. Her aim is normally much better.
Success!
(Tip from Madelyn: The wider you open your mouth, the less likely to get poked by the fork).

2 comments:

Asher Fanner said...

So cute!!! I love that blue dress on her!!!

Farm Grandma said...

Thanks for the cute update pictures!
Hope Madelyn is feeling all better by now!