Thursday, July 2, 2009

Garage Sale

I had my first garage sale ever a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't as much work as I thought it would be, although pricing and set up are always time consuming. Having never done a garage sale I wasn't certain what times to have a sale, but I noticed my neighbor did one on Thursday and Friday mornings and seemed quite busy. I was thrilled with how many people came and by Friday I was apologizing to people who stopped and didn't have much to look at. I was glad I had two other friends contributing to the items so we had more variety. All of the big items on the drive way sold in the first hour we were open. Despite rain and extreme heat, we had an excellent sale. Other than two bags I brought to good will, everything I didn't sell and wanted to keep fit in a laundry basket.




No comments: