Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Jason has been gone all week to California for work related activities.  He arrived back home about 11:30 last night so the girls were very excited this morning to see Daddy on Father's Day.  Maddy helped him make coffee and we treated him to crepes, fresh fruit and bacon.  Supper was steak.  I admittedly am horrible at gifts, so we're still working on that. He had the afternoon to bike so I'd say he had a pretty good day.
  They worked hard to make cards for him.  Maddy is very resistant to writing her letters, but when she gets to write notes to people, she is actually willing to try.  She made all of these letters by herself, with spelling assistance of course.



Callie is not as generous with her hugs as Maddy is.  Here she is giving Jason her best hug.
"Wuv you Dad"
 Now the next pictures could be Father's Day focused or Callie focused.  I could brag about what a good father Jason is and how much the girls love him and enjoy spending time with him.  I could say how I appreciate his godly example in how he lives his life and that he desires our children to serve the Lord too.   But really I took this picture while they were having devotions tonight because Callie was cracking me up!  She has a bad habit of sticking her fingers in her nose when she is concentrating or relaxed and doesn't have her blankie. She isn't picking her nose, just storing her fingers in her nostrils.  Normally just one hand makes its way to her nose, but well....


I guess I'm glad she sucks her thumb and not her fingers. :)

No comments: