
The painting begins. We got stuck at home the weekend of Karen's birthday due to an ice storm. Luckly we had all the paint and brushes. So a full day of painting primer and then over the next week all the colors went on.

Green in the bedroom. I am sure it is a certain type of green but to a guy - this is green. This is looking at part of the bedroom - that is the egress window in the back.

The doors are in and the baseboard is on. The floors are mopped and we are ready for carpet. This is the day I was dreaming about eight months ago!

This is the bathroom. Remember that great looking picture of the groundwork being put in? This is a good improvement. We laid the tile. It was not too hard and I have a tile saw now. Just call and I can come and tile something for you! Serious, it is a lot of fun to put in tile. It also looks really good.

Here is the living room after the carpet went in. Karen's parents were around for the Easter weekend so they helped clean the whole house (amazing how much dust remodling brings in). They also helped move furniture downstairs. The couch is not here yet but it is on the way. My brother Mark is going to live with us again this year so he is going to have nicer accomidations than pervious years. We tend to think he will have it better than us upstairs!
There you go - that is the high-speed story of our basement remodling project. Eights months and a little over budget. Sounds about like a contractor - right?
3 comments:
Wow, guys, that looks really great! Wish I was there to see it! Nice blog :).
So you say you have a tile saw and available for putting in tile..... When can I book you! Maybe I should get your brother's number and cut him a better deal on living in a basement, if he can do work like you.
Also... I am making a link to your blog from mine. Feel free to do the same if you like.
Also Also, it is getting warmer which means the excuses for not riding the bike are getting weaker (after the this last snow storm). Let's get a plan together to meet up sometime.
Uncle Wade O.
Post a Comment