Sunday, April 8, 2007



Here we go with the story of our house. We have always been fixing up something since we bought the house in Januar, 2004. We started with tearing up carpet and finishing hardwood floors. Then we painted every wall in the house. Then we remodeled the main floor bathroom. Then Karen spent the summer painting the house/garage/shed. Then we tore off two layers of shingles and put a new layer down - with the help of family - and K Roze. Then we replaced the flooring in the kitchen. If it is starting to sound like everything has changed - you are right. But then came August of 2006 and I had just found out that I would have a job at ISU once I graduated in March, 2007. So we started our biggest project. Our basement was totally finished but they did a bad job and it was not an inviting place. My younger brother spent two summers living down there and he can attest to that fact. So on Aug. 25 we tore it all apart and decided to start for scratch. We went from sheet rocked ceiling to four cement walls and a bare concrete floor. This is going to be fun! Right! The project is finished as of this week. I will post pictures over the next couple days to show you how we got there!


































































No comments: